The coin and Medal Museum is the first large museum devoted to the history of French coinage. There was nothing comparable before it was founded in 1988.
The coin and Medal Museum has opted to give preference to an historical and technical approach of French coinage.
Each room presents the principal coins which marked the history of the currency, closely linked with that of the nation through its political, economic, sociocultural and technical aspects.
Location : 11 quai de Conti 75006 Paris
Phone : 01 40 46 55 33
How to get there :
- Subway : Odéon – Pont-Neuf – Saint-Michel.
- Buses : 58, 70, 24, 27
- RER A : Châtelet-Les Halles
- RER B et C : Saint-Michel
- From tuesday to friday : 11 am to 5.30 pm
- Saturday to sunday : 12 pm to 5.30 pm
- Closed on monday
Official website : https://www.monnaiedeparis.fr