The Palais Galliera is a fashion and costume museum, dedicated to the history of fashion and features a collection of clothing and fashion accessories from all eras, ranging from the Middle Ages to the present day.
The museum regularly hosts temporary exhibitions on themes related to fashion and costume, as well as workshops, lectures, and other cultural events.
The museum also has a collection of wedding and ball gown models, as well as numerous fashion drawings and photographs.
The Palais Galliera regularly hosts temporary exhibitions on themes related to fashion and costume. These exhibitions may highlight renowned designers such as Coco Chanel or Christian Dior, or explore broader themes such as the history of lingerie or the evolution of men’s fashion.
If you are visiting the Palais Galliera, here are a few must-see highlights:
- The permanent collection : This collection features a selection of clothing and fashion accessories from all eras. It is an endless source of inspiration for anyone interested in fashion.
- Temporary exhibitions : The Palais Galliera regularly hosts exhibitions on themes related to fashion and costume. These exhibitions are often very interesting and highlight renowned designers or explore fascinating themes.
- Workshops and lectures : The museum regularly offers workshops and lectures on subjects related to fashion and costume. These events are a great opportunity to learn more about the history of fashion and discover new perspectives.
Around the Galliera museum
The Palais Galliera is located in the Etoile neighborhood in western Paris. It is surrounded by many other cultural and tourist attractions. Here are a few ideas for things to see and do in the area :
- The Arc de Triomphe : One of Paris’s most famous landmarks, located on the Champs-Elysées avenue, is about a 10-minute walk from the Palais Galliera.
- The Jardins du Trocadéro : These public gardens, located across from the Eiffel Tower, offer stunning views of the tower and are a nice place for a walk and to relax.
- The stores on the Champs-Elysées avenue : This famous avenue is full of shops, restaurants, and bars and is a must-visit destination for shoppers.
- The Palais de Tokyo : This contemporary art museum, located on the banks of the Seine, features temporary exhibitions on all kinds of contemporary art.
There are, of course, many other cultural and tourist attractions nearby the Palais Galliera.
Location : 10 Avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie 75116 Paris
Phone : 01 56 52 86 00
Official website : https://www.palaisgalliera.paris.fr