To make the most of your stay in Paris, it’s essential to choose a well-located hotel. The center of Paris is the best place to stay as it allows you to easily navigate the city and access the main tourist sites. We will help you find the perfect hotel in the center of Paris.
The different neighborhoods in the center of Paris
The 1st arrondissement: Luxury and charming hotels near the Louvre
The 1st arrondissement is located in the heart of Paris and is considered one of the most elegant and prestigious neighborhoods in the city. This is where you’ll find the famous Louvre Museum, which houses thousands of artworks from around the world, as well as the Tuileries Garden, one of the most beautiful walks in the city. You can also admire the Louvre Pyramid, an iconic glass structure designed by Chinese architect Ieoh Ming Pei, Place Vendôme, and the magnificent garden of the Palais Royal. The 1st arrondissement is also renowned for its luxury shops and gourmet restaurants. It is the most prestigious neighborhood in Paris and offers a wealth of luxury and charming hotels. If you’re looking to stay in a high-end hotel near the Louvre Museum and the Tuileries, then this neighborhood is perfect for you.
The 2nd arrondissement: The Bourse and Opera district
The 2nd arrondissement is located northeast of the 1st arrondissement and is famous for its covered passages, shops, restaurants, and Haussmannian architecture. The neighborhood is also home to the Opéra Garnier, one of the most famous opera houses in the world, as well as the Paris Bourse, one of the oldest stock exchanges in the world. Hotels in the 2nd arrondissement are ideally situated for those looking to be close to the main tourist attractions of Paris. You can enjoy the proximity of the Opéra Garnier and the Paris Bourse, as well as the numerous shops, restaurants, and covered passages in the neighborhood.
The 3rd arrondissement: A hotel in the Marais, the historic district
Le Marais is one of the liveliest and most historic neighborhoods in Paris. It is famous for its 17th-century mansions, cobblestone streets, art and design shops, and numerous museums such as the Picasso Museum and the Carnavalet Museum. Le Marais is also known as one of the most gay-friendly neighborhoods in Paris. It is a highly regarded area for travelers from around the world and offers a wide selection of hotels to suit all budgets. In terms of luxury hotels, you can find beautiful restored mansions transformed into charming hotels, often decorated with period architectural elements and contemporary artworks. Mid-range and budget hotels are also available in the area, ranging from small family-run hotels to large international chains.
The 4th arrondissement: Central hotels on Île de la Cité and Île Saint-Louis
The 4th arrondissement is located on the two islands in the center of Paris: Île de la Cité and Île Saint-Louis. Île de la Cité is the birthplace of Paris, where the famous Notre-Dame Cathedral is located. Île Saint-Louis, on the other hand, is a small charming and peaceful neighborhood known for its antique shops, ice cream parlors, and restaurants. The 4th arrondissement is full of charming hotels, small guesthouses, and vacation apartments. Many hotels are housed in historic buildings and offer breathtaking views of the Seine.
The 5th arrondissement: Hotels in the Latin Quarter
The Latin Quarter is Paris’ student neighborhood, known for its universities, bookstores, cinemas, cafes, and the famous Saint-Michel Fountain. It is also famous for the Sorbonne, one of the oldest universities in the world, as well as the bustling rue Mouffetard, which is filled with restaurants, cafes, and shops. The Latin Quarter is a lively and touristy area, offering a wide range of accommodations. You can find numerous hotels, youth hostels, and short-term rental apartments there. Prices vary considerably depending on the level of comfort and the geographical location of the accommodation.
The 6th arrondissement: A hotel in Saint-Germain-des-Prés
The 6th arrondissement is one of the most elegant neighborhoods in Paris, known for its luxury boutiques, historic cafes, art galleries, and ancient churches. The area is also home to the famous Café de Flore, a renowned meeting place for writers and intellectuals. The Luxembourg Gardens are, of course, a must-visit in the neighborhood. The 6th arrondissement of Paris is renowned for its elegance and sophistication, which is reflected in the hotels in the area. The hotels in the neighborhood offer a mix of styles, ranging from intimate boutique hotels to the most prestigious luxury establishments.
The 7th arrondissement: The Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides for a dream hotel
The 7th arrondissement of Paris is probably the most famous neighborhood in the city, thanks in large part to the Eiffel Tower, one of the most iconic landmarks in the world. However, this chic neighborhood offers much more than that. The streets are lined with high-end shops, gourmet restaurants, and renowned museums such as the Musée d’Orsay, the Musée Rodin, and the Musée du Quai Branly – Jacques Chirac. The 7th arrondissement is also home to Les Invalides and the National Assembly, the seat of the French government, as well as numerous ministries and embassies. This makes it a very safe and secure neighborhood, but also lively during the day due to the presence of many professionals and tourists. The hotels in the 7th arrondissement of Paris offer an exceptional stay experience with their proximity to the city’s iconic tourist sites. The views of the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides from the hotel rooms in this neighborhood are breathtaking. Luxury hotels also offer amenities such as spas, gyms, swimming pools, gourmet restaurants, bars, and conference rooms.
The 8th arrondissement: The Champs-Élysées and the Arc de Triomphe
The 8th arrondissement of Paris is located in the heart of the city and is known as the most elegant neighborhood in Paris. The Champs-Élysées, the most famous avenue in the world, is lined with luxury boutiques, fine dining restaurants, cinemas, and theaters. The Place de l’Étoile, where the Arc de Triomphe is located, is also situated in the 8th arrondissement. The Place de la Concorde, located between the Tuileries Garden and the Avenue des Champs-Élysées, is surrounded by numerous tourist sites. The hotels in the 8th arrondissement of Paris offer spectacular views of the Champs-Élysées and the Arc de Triomphe, as well as other iconic landmarks in the city. The luxury hotels in this neighborhood offer spacious and comfortable rooms, as well as upscale facilities such as gourmet restaurants, spas, and conference rooms.
The 9th arrondissement: The Opéra Garnier and hotels in the Grands Boulevards
The 9th arrondissement of Paris is located in the northern part of the city and is known for its historical architecture and popular tourist attractions such as the Opéra Garnier and the Montmartre neighborhood. Montmartre is famous for its Basilica of the Sacré-Cœur, its cobblestone streets, street artists, and panoramic views of the city. The hotels in the 9th arrondissement of Paris offer a unique stay experience with their proximity to the Opéra Garnier, one of the most prestigious performance venues in the world. The hotels in this neighborhood also offer a variety of dining and bar options, and conference rooms and meeting spaces are often available for business travelers.
Recommended hotels in central Paris
If you’re looking for accommodation in central Paris, there are many choices available to meet your needs and budget. Here are a few options for hotels of different types:
- Luxury Hotels: Paris is known for its luxury hotels, offering lavish rooms, high-end amenities, and superior service. These hotels are typically located in prestigious neighborhoods such as the 1st, 8th, or 16th arrondissement and provide breathtaking views of the city. Rooms are often spacious and tastefully decorated, featuring modern amenities like flat-screen TVs and luxurious bathrooms. Some of Paris’ most renowned luxury hotels are known for their history and architecture, providing a unique stay experience.
- Charming Hotels: If you’re looking for an authentic and cozy accommodation, you can opt for charming hotels, often found in historic neighborhoods such as Le Marais, Saint-Germain-des-Prés, or Montmartre. These hotels are usually smaller than luxury hotels but offer a comfortable ambiance and unique decor. Rooms are often decorated in a traditional French style, with wooden furniture and elegant fabrics. Charming hotels tend to offer personalized service and are more affordable than luxury hotels.
- Economy Hotels: If you’re seeking budget-friendly accommodation, you can choose economy hotels that offer comfortable rooms at affordable prices. These hotels are typically located in less prestigious neighborhoods like the 10th, 11th, or 20th arrondissement but are well-served by public transportation. Rooms are often small but clean and equipped with basic amenities such as air conditioning, television, and a private bathroom.
- Family-Friendly Hotels: If you’re traveling with family, you can opt for hotels that provide spacious family rooms and amenities for children, such as cribs and high chairs. Family-friendly hotels are usually located in residential neighborhoods like the 15th, 17th, or 19th arrondissement, which offer plenty of green spaces and activities for kids.
- Gay-Friendly Hotels: If you’re looking for LGBTQ+-inclusive and welcoming accommodation, you can choose gay-friendly hotels. These hotels are typically located in vibrant neighborhoods like Le Marais and offer comfortable rooms and services tailored to the needs of LGBTQ+ travelers.