The Musée de l’Armée is one of the largest museums of military history in the world and contains a vast collection of French military artifacts as well as items from other countries.
The museum covers the history of French military from the Middle Ages to the present day and includes exhibits on the Napoleonic Wars, World War I, and World War II, among others. It also contains a large collection of weapons, uniforms, and military equipment, as well as a number of historical documents and works of art related to the military. The museum is a popular tourist destination in Paris and is open to the public.
Many thematic rooms (weapons, paintings, sculptures, etc.) are located on either side of the Invalides Dome and Napoleon’s tomb. Temporary exhibitions are regulary organized and present pieces of the recent history of France.
Do not miss at the museum
There are many interesting things to see at the Musée de l’Armée in Paris. Here are a few of the most famous exhibits and objects at the museum :
- The Royal Chapel of the Invalides : This chapel is one of the most beautiful in Paris and houses the tomb of Napoleon Bonaparte.
- The Char 2C Tank : This tank is the largest combat tank ever built and is on display at the museum.
- The collections of weapons and uniforms : The museum has an impressive collection of military weapons and uniforms, dating from ancient times to the present day.
- The Hall of Military Exploits : This hall displays the heroic actions of French soldiers throughout history.
- Temporary exhibitions : The museum regularly hosts temporary exhibitions on various subjects related to military history.
There are many other things to see at the museum, so be sure to spend some time exploring all of the exhibits and collections.
Location : 129 Rue de Grenelle 75007 Paris
Phone : 0 810 11 33 99
Official website : https://www.musee-armee.fr