The Pinault Collection is a contemporary art museum located in Paris, created by art collector François Pinault and is housed in the Bourse de Commerce, a historic building in the center of Paris.
The museum regularly hosts temporary exhibitions showcasing a wide range of contemporary art. Renowned artists such as Tracey Emin, Maurizio Cattelan, and Cindy Sherman have all had exhibitions at the Pinault Collection.
The museum is open to the public and also offers guided tours, children’s workshops, and cultural events throughout the year.
There are many interesting exhibitions and artworks to see at the Pinault Collection. Here are a few must-see highlights:
- La Traversée des apparences : This permanent exhibition features a selection of works from François Pinault’s collection, showcasing contemporary art from different periods and parts of the world.
- Notions of Time : This temporary exhibition, which took place in 2021, featured a selection of contemporary artworks that explore the theme of time.
- Tracey Emin: I Need Art Like I Need God : This temporary exhibition, which took place in 2022, featured a selection of works by artist Tracey Emin, known for her provocative and emotional art.
- Maurizio Cattelan: Be Right Back : This temporary exhibition, which took place in 2022, featured a selection of works by artist Maurizio Cattelan, known for his humorous and provocative art.
There are, of course, many other interesting exhibitions and artworks to see at the Pinault Collection. We recommend checking the museum’s website for more information on current and upcoming exhibitions.
Around the museum
The Pinault Collection is located in the center of Paris, near many other cultural and tourist attractions. Here are a few ideas for things to see and do in the area:
- The Louvre : The famous Parisian museum, which houses one of the world’s largest art collections, is about a 15-minute walk from the Pinault Collection.
- Notre-Dame de Paris : One of Paris’s most famous landmarks, located on the Île de la Cité, is about a 20-minute walk from the Pinault Collection.
- The Jardin des Tuileries : This public garden located between the Louvre and Place de la Concorde is a nice place for a walk and to relax.
- The Marais : This historic quarter of Paris is known for its cobblestone streets, boutiques, and restaurants. It is about a 15-minute walk from the Pinault Collection.
There are, of course, many other cultural and tourist attractions nearby the Pinault Collection.
Location : 2 Rue de Viarmes 75001 Paris
Phone : 01 55 04 60 60
Official website : https://www.pinaultcollection.com